Mission and Vision
To maximize success in research and innovation for USF faculty, students, and staff, as well as to comply with all required standards of research administration.
Research and Innovation strives to make the University of South Florida a leading national research university in discoveries, publications, mentoring and training, and in the translation of research into health and economic benefits.
Research and Innovation at the University of South Florida envisions a dynamic, innovative, and diversified environment that will promote and support the research and creative scholarly activities of faculty, staff, and students.
- We dedicate ourselves to providing a sound and supportive research infrastructure that will minimize the administrative burden on faculty, maximize the effectiveness of funds generated by research projects and attract dynamic researchers to our community.
- We dedicate ourselves to helping our faculty researchers and improving research services by meeting challenges through innovative interdisciplinary team efforts and creative problem solving.
- We dedicate ourselves to providing quality incentives to researchers, who, in turn, will generate quality research.
- We dedicate ourselves to breaking down boundaries and fostering diverse inter- and multi-disciplinary efforts of faculty and staff.
- We dedicate ourselves to assessing policies and targeting trends in research in order to advance and achieve institutional initiatives.
- We dedicate ourselves to maintaining the highest standards championed by the research administration profession to ensure the responsible conduct of research.
- We dedicate ourselves to promoting initiatives for public and private partnerships that will enhance the well being of people in our communities, the State of Florida, and the Nation.