Regulations, Guidelines, and References
- Animal Welfare Act
- Title 9 Code of Federal Regulations-Animal Welfare Regulations
- Good Laboratory Practice for Nonclinical Laboratory Studies Title 21 Code of Federal Regulations Part 58
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Laboratory Animal Care Policies and Regulations
- Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- University of South Florida Policy No. 0-308, "Use of Animals in Research, Teaching, or Testing"
- University of South Florida IACUC Principles and Procedures
GUIDELINES & REFERENCES
- 3D MRI Digital Atlas Database of Adult C57BL/6J Mouse Brain
- Amphibians - Compendium of Drugs and Compounds Used
- Amphibians - Medicine and Surgery **NEW**
- Blood Volumes and Phlebotomy REVISED
- Clinical Pathology Reference Ranges
- Comparative Mammalian Brain Collections
- Design of Animal Exercise Protocols
- Duke University - ABC's of Daily Observations **NEW**
- Enrichment for Nonhuman Primates
- Estrus Detection, Weaning and Sexing Mice
- Guidelines of the American Society of Mammalogists for the Use of Wild Mammals in Research **NEW**
- Guidelines on Anesthesia and Analgesia in Laboratory Animals
- Guidelines for the Care and Use of Mammals in Neuroscience and Behavior Research
- Guidelines for the Use of Fishes in Research | |
- Guidelines for Use of Live Amphibians and Reptiles in Field and Laboratory Research
- Guidelines to the Use of Wild Birds in Research
- The IACUC Handbook - 2nd Edition
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee Guidebook
- Jackson Laboratory **NEW**
- Jax Search Tool **NEW**
- Laboratory Birds: Refinements in Husbandry and Procedures (United Kingdom)
- Library Holdings of Comparative Medicine
- Merck Veterinary Manual - Eighth Edition
- Mouse Blood Collection using the Saphenous Vein
- Mouse Blood Collection using the Submandibular Vein
- Mouse Blood Collection using the Submandibular Vein - Basic Stills
- Mouse Cytokines
- Mouse Genome Informatics **NEW**
- Mouse Intubation Tutorial Note - This will take approximately 2 minutes to load.
- Mouse Models of Immunodeficiency
- Mouse Necropsy/Prosection NEW
- Mouse Phenome Database **NEW**
- Mouse Prostate Collection NEW
- Mouse Strain Resource **NEW**
- Mouse Tail Snip, Ear Punch, and Identification Procedures
- Mouse Tumor Biology Database **NEW**
- National Cancer Institute's "Guidelines for Endpoints in Animal Study Proposals"
- NIAID Tutorial "How to Write an Application Involving Research Animals"
- National Institutes of Health, Office of Animal Care & Use, Animal Resource Advisory Committe's "Endpoints in Animal Study Proposals"
- NIOSH - "Preventing Occupational Exposures to Antineoplastic & Other Hazardous Drugs..."
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW) Commentary on Lab Animal Protocol Review Columns
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW)/PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals - "Frequently Asked Questions"
- On Being a Scientist: A Guide to Responsible Conduct in Research (Third Edition) This report presents an overview of the professional standards of science and explains why adherence to those standards is essential for continued scientific progress. In accordance with the previous editions published in 1989 and 1995, this guide provides an overview of professional standards in research. It further aims to highlight particular challenges the science community faces in the early 21st century. This has been made available by resources from the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, and the Institute of Medicine.
"ORI Introduction to Responsible Conduct of Research" The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Research Integrity (ORI) promotes integrity in biomedical and behavioral research supported by the U. S. Public Health Service (PHS) at about 4,000 institutions worldwide. ORI monitors institutional investigations of research misconduct and facilitates the responsible conduct of research (RCR) through educational, preventive, and regulatory activities.
"ORI Introduction to Responsible Conduct of Research" introduces the reader to the nine RCR core instructional areas in four sections that follows research from inception to planning, conducting, reporting, and reviewing research. The publication features case studies, text-box inserts, discussion questions, and electronic and printed resources.
The web version, the PDF version , and the PDF version of the extracted animal portion of this publication are available.
- Pathways to Discovery: Autoimmune Disease **NEW**
- Rabbit Terminal Blood Collection
- Rat Blood Sampling Using the Submandibular Vein - **NEW**
- Rat Intubation Tutorial Note - This will take approximately 2 minutes to load.
- Rodent Dosing
- Rodent Surgery SOP
- Rodent Surgical Techniques
- Routes of Administration, Volumes, and Needle Gauges for Drug Administration
- "Top Ten" Protocol Review Comments
- "What Investigators Need to Know About the Use of Animals" OLAW created this brochure to communicate to investigators their responsibilities under PHS Grants Policy and PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
HUMANE METHODS OF EXPERIMENTATION
- Animal Well-being
- Design and Statistical Methods in Studies Using Animal Models of Development
- Experimental Design in Biomedical Research
- Humane Endpoints for Animals Used in Biomedical Research & Testing
- National Cancer Institute's "Endpoints in Animal Study Proposals"
- Pain and Distress in Fish **NEW**
- Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC)
- Bibliography on Alternatives to Animal Testing
- EPA Test Guidelines/Acute Toxicity - Acute Oral Toxicity Up-And-Down-Procedure
- Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Validation of Alternative Methods
- Johns Hopkins Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT)
- Norwegian Reference Centre for Laboratory Animal Science & Alternatives
- TISSUE-USE-ONLY University of South Florida Web Page
- AVMA Guidelines For the Euthanasia of Animals: 2013
- Public Health Service Clarification on the Use of Carbon Dioxide for Euthanasia
- Use of Tricaine Methanesulfonate (MS222) for Euthanasia of Reptiles